Your source for information on the latest and greatest in reading arts and entertainment!

Monday, November 20, 2017

Andy Weir: By the Book

lost in space GIF

This Sunday, Andy Weir appears in the NYT By the Book column. 
Read the interview right here!  

Here's a bit: 


"Who is your favorite novelist of all time?

AW: I grew up reading my father’s science-fiction collection, a huge collection of those pulpy mass-market paperbacks from the ’50s and ’60s. Making my way through the Holy Trinity of Asimov, Heinlein and Clarke was what made me fall in love with science fiction, and to some extent that experience has shaped my life ever since. So I’d have to pick one of them.

Take a moment to praise a few unheralded writers. Who should we be reading?

AW: Well if you’re not reading Peter Clines’s books, you should be — though I don’t know if he would qualify as “unheralded.” "


Great interview--and I included links to the authors above.


lost in space GIF

(love me that science fiction)

No comments:

Post a Comment