Your source for information on the latest and greatest in reading arts and entertainment!

Monday, March 18, 2013


Geographic Comfort Zones in Literature by Dave Astor


"A gift of a book I have yet to read gave me the idea for this post.
How can that be? Well, the Silent House novel I received last month is by Orhan Pamuk of Turkey. The country that Nobel Prize winner is from reminded me that I and many other readers have a geographic comfort zone when it comes to literature..."  
To read more:
Dave Astor's memoir Comic (and Column) Confessional (Xenos Press, 2012) includes a preface by Heloise; back-cover endorsements by Arianna Huffington, "The Far Side" cartoonist Gary Larson and others; appearances by Hillary Clinton, Walter Cronkite, Coretta Scott King, Martha Stewart and others; and a mix of humor and heartache. 

No comments:

Post a Comment